If you're thinking: why are you telling me this on a book blog? The true answer is: because this is my blog and I'm too excited and distracted to write a book review. The fake answer: Dude, the Olympic opening ceremony had a tribute to children's literature. You can decide which answer works best for you.
Moving on... let's talk about the opening ceremony!
My Thoughts Through Tweets (in case you missed them)
*By "The Voice " I meant the speaker who announced the start of the opening ceremony.
**Not the kids in the beds, but the children's choir
*** I could not have been the only person who thought this during the dance/music throughout the decades part (when they were all in spandex outfits. 80's I think?)
**** Insert heavy sarcasm
***** So I guess this post connects more to book blogging that I initially thought. Considering everything reminded me of the Hunger Games. But seriously, the cauldron lighters were nominated (*cough* tributes) and they hugged their sponsors.
My Thoughts Not Articulated in Tweet Form
- What is going on right now. There are just a bunch of people and farm animals moseying around. Oh wait, now children are singing. Pretty. No, creepy. Ah, cute? ish?
- Why do the royals look so pissed off?
- That was not the queen. Was it? (PS: I forget where in this timeline this happened, so this may be in the wrong place.)
- I loved the men in the top hats. I loved how they were just walking around and would randomly start dancing awkwardly.
- Did they really just incorporate a tribute to the American Revolution? Dude, you lost.
- LOVED the segment kicked off by a nervous looking J.K Rowling (not making fun, I would be peeing my pants if I ever had such an honor).
- I am super jealous of those trampoline beds with light up sheets! That contraption right there is seriously the cure to like 80% of childhood fears.
- That is one huge Voldemort. However awesome the descending nannies were, I doubt that Mary Poppins (even twenty of her) would have been able to stop him.
- Um... Shrek is an American movie.
- I did not like the video segments at all. That whole boy meets girl story was weird and seemed very out of place. Plus they really should have thrown in Adele at the end there.
- Is NBC for real right now? It was kind of funny though. I was not offended or anything, more amused by their audacity.
- The English team is acting like they just won everything. Stop acting like fools and have some respect for the games.
- Olympic cauldron lighting made up for everything. It was beautiful.
HOT MESS. But I could not for the life of me look away (not that I wanted to).
Did I miss anything? Probably. But seriously, please share your thoughts, I would love to hear (read) them!