Welcome to the lovely state of Connecticut on the Reading Road-Trip, hosted by myself and Hafsah at Icey Books!
Fun Facts About Connecticut:
- This is the state flag. The latin reads:
- The Hartford Courant established in 1764.
- We also have (or had) the first lollypop making machine, blast furnace, steel mill, and golf tournament for women
(http://www.50states.com/facts/conn.htm)Some Famous Authors:
- Mark Twain (Adventures of Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn)
- Helen Keller
- Truman Capote (Breakfast at Tiffany's)
- Johnny Gruelle (created Raggedy Ann!)
- Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild Things Are)
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)
- Ruth Krauss (The Carrot Seed)
There are many more authors who hailed from or wrote their novels in CT, as well as many novels that take place in the state. However, there is one in particular that I would like to mention...
Suzanne freaking Collins!
That's why for my stop on the Reading Road-Trip I am offering up a winner's choice of any of Suzanne Collins's books. That could be one of The Hunger Games series or maybe you would prefer one of the books from her Underland Chronicles. It is entirely up to the winner! Also, the books will be coming from the Book Depository, so it is open internationally!
Be sure to follow along on the Reading Road-Trip for the whole month of July to enter new giveaways each day! HERE is the schedule- bookmark it! I am continually updating it with live links.
Please click on Terms & Conditions for eligibility and rules: