Yesterday, September 19th, the teaser trailer for the movie adaptation of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl was released on iTunes. The Caster Chronicles will forever be one of the most important series/novel on my life, even if another novel surpasses it in favoritism, because it made a huge impact on my life. Long story short, this blog, all the people I've met because of it, as well as my new career direction would not have come to existence if it were not for Beautiful Creatures. Naturally, I have a lot of high hopes for this adaptation. I am glad that Ethan and Lena were cast with relatively unknown actors, and I am trying not to form an opinion on them until I see the final film. But, I can't stop first impressions... So I want to share with you my thought progression on the trailer, and then I want to hear (read) your opinions!
- Mrs. Lincoln looks like she is crippled... was she in the book? I can't remember... I need to re-read it.
- I'm liking the voice overs.
- Why do the windows shatter so slowly? It is like the people in front are anticipating it (which they are as actors... but not as the characters...).
- I really like Alice as Lena! When she said "You don't know anything about me." I was like YES!!! That's LENA!
- Woah, Amma, creepy tattoo...
- Did Lena just go from having a southern accent to... not having an accent?
- I still hate Ridley with red hair.
- This song makes the trailer. Seriously, I like it 100X more because of this mood music.
- Uh... not sold on Ethan yet.
- I really just want to hear the song again.
- MOOD MUSIC
- MUSIC & KISSING!
So...? What do you think? Do you like the trailer? Are you excited for the movie? How do you feel about the cast?